- The aim of the manual is to assist requesters of information as to the procedure to be followed when requesting access to information / documents from Clearwater Optometrists (hereinafter “Dynamic Vision”) as contemplated in terms of PAIA.
- The manual may be amended from time to time and as soon as any amendments have been finalised, the latest version of the manual will be made public on the Dynamic Vision website.
- Any requester is advised to contact the Information Officer should he/she require any assistance in respect of the utilisation of this manual and/or the requesting of information/ documents from Dynamic Vision.
- INFORMATION OFFICER PARTICULARS (SECTION 51(1)(a) OF PAIA)
Name of Body
Appointed Information Officer
|SHOP UM022A |
CNR. CHRISTIAAN DE WET & HENDRIK POTGIETER,
Postnet Suite 27
Private Bag X1
+27 11 475 5613
- GUIDE ON PAIA (SECTION 51(1)(b) OF PAIA)
- A guide has been compiled by the South African Human Rights Commission (“SAHRC”) (In terms of section 10 of PAIA) containing such information as may be required by a person who wishes to exercise any right contemplated in the Act.
- A copy of the guide may be requested from the Information Officer of Dynamic Vision.
- NOTICE(S) IN TERMS OF SECTION 52(2) OF THE ACT (SECTION 51(1)(c) OF PAIA)
- At this stage no notice has been published on any record or category of records that are automatically available without a person having to request it in terms of PAIA.
- INFORMATION / DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE IN ACCORDANCE WITH OTHER LEGISLATION (SECTION 51(1)(d) OF PAIA)
- Dynamic Vision keeps information / documents in accordance with the following legislation (please note that this is not an exhaustive list): –
Act Number and year (as amended)
The Basic Conditions of Employment Act
No. 75 of 1997
The Companies Act
No. 71 of 2008
Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act
No. 130 of 1993
No. 98 of 1978
Employment Equity Act
No. 55 of1998
Income Tax Act
No. 58 of 1962
Labour Relations Act
No. 66 of 1995
Medical Schemes Act
No. 131 of 1998
Occupation Health and Safety Act
No. 85 of 1993
Pension Funds Act
No. 24 of 1956
The Protection of Personal Information Act
No. 4 of 2013
Skills Development Act
No. 97 of 1998
Skills Development Levies Act
No. 9 of 1999
Unemployment Insurance Act
No. 63 of 2001
Value Added Tax Act
No. 89 of 1991
The above records, in so far as it being of a public nature, are available automatically without a person having to request access thereto in terms of PAIA, as envisaged in Section 52 of PAIA.
- SUBJECTS AND CATERGORIES OF RECORDS HELD BY Dynamic Vision IN TERMS OF THE ACT (SECTION 51(1)(e) OF PAIA)
- The information / documents listed herein below:
- Companies Records
- Dynamic Vision’s Memorandum of Incorporation
- Director Details
- Registration Documentation.
- Financial Records
- Financial Statements
- Tax records
- Asset register
- Banking details
- Human Resources Records
- Employee records
- Employee Contracts
- Internal Policies and Procedures
- Organisation and personal profiles
- PROCESS TO APPLY FOR ACCESS TO INFORMATION (SECTION 51(1)(e) OF PAIA
- A requester must complete the application form and submit same to the Company’s information officer, at the particulars indicated above.
- The application form is available here
- The completed form must be accompanied by proof of payment of the prescribed application fee, as described below.
- Upon receipt of the application form and proof of payment, as aforesaid, the Information Officer will consider the request. If the request is approved, the Information Officer will provide the applicant with a summary of fees payable in respect of the application. Upon receipt of payment the requested information will be supplied.
- In the event of the application being denied, the Information Officer will inform the applicant and provide reasons for the decision.
- GROUNDS FOR REFUSAL OF ACCESS
- All proper requests for access to information are received and considered but may be refused on valid grounds which include:
- Confidentiality of client records,
- Trade secrets,
- Protected Information Technology,
- Unreasonable nature of request, and
- Vexatious or frivolous requests.
- REMEDIES WHEN ACCESS HAS BEEN REFUSED
- If access has been in any way refused or not replied to, the internal remedy is to make an appeal to the members of Dynamic Vision at their address.
- The external remedies are to comply with PAIA, and the procedures provided for and ultimately, the relevant court.
- FEES (SECTION 51(1)(e) OF PAIA)
- The fees applicable to an application for information shall be as per the prescribed fees. A schedule of these fees is attached hereto. The schedule attached is subject to change in accordance with changes to the prescribed fees.
- An application fee of R50.00 (fifty Rand) is payable in respect of each application for information. Proof of payment of the said fee must accompany the completed application form. No fees are payable by persons who request information pertaining to their own affairs.